Chewy White Chocolate Oatmeal Trail Mix Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1 cup wheat flour – stock
¾ teaspoon baking powder – stock
½ teaspoon baking soda – stock
¼ teaspoon table salt – stock
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened – stock
1 cup sugar – stock
¼ cup packed light brown sugar – stock
1 large egg – stock
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – stock
2 cups quick oats – $3.99
¾ cup white chocolate chips – $1.79
½ cup trail mix – $3.00
Grand total assuming well-stocked kitchen: $8.78
Cost per cookie: $0.36
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and table salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, white sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then beat in the egg. Lower the speed to stir and slowly add in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the white chocolate, oats and trail mix using a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
4. Dole out about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll between your palms until it forms a ball. Place on the baking sheets spacing about 2.5 inches apart since they spread.
5. Bake for 7 minutes, then rotate the sheet and bake for another 6-8 minutes, until the bottoms are starting to turn golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.