Without further ado, we present Feast on the Cheap‘s most popular recipes from 2010. According to our highly-tuned powers of deduction, comfort food recipes that rang in under $20 reigned supreme. In terms of the final scorecard – not that this is a competition – my mom snagged the number 1 and number 5 spots, while I took home everything else. And the student becomes the master…
- French Onion Soup – $9.91
- Grown-Up Sloppy Joes with Avocado – $14.89
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes – $3.38
- Pineapple Barbeque-Glazed Chicken with Mango Salsa – $18.32
- Slow-Roasted Barbeque Spare Ribs – $15.40
- Pumpkin Ricotta Lasagna – $18.96
- Pumpkin-Spiced White Chicken Chili – $17.22
- Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade BBQ Sauce – $16.28
- Soy-Marinated Chinese-Style Tilapia – $16.56
- Chewy Chocolate Pomegranate “Brookies” – $5.00
Ouch! But then again, who’s prouder than your mother? Congratulations to my star pupil. Now just wait and see where we land for 2011. The duel is on, my sharpest knives are unsheathed, my Cuisinart and mixer are in position and my brain is boiling with ideas. May the most delicious dishes win! Love you, darling girl!!
i got to give it to you, hands down- great job! it’s one thing to cook, write a recipe, photograph, and then blog… but to then keep track of the cost? nicely done…
happy new year!
Congratulations to you both for wonderful recipes. Thank you so much for sharing them with us all. Looking forward to sharing with you both in 2011.
Mandy, we wish you a fantastic new year filled with joy, health, and prosperity! Thanks so much for all of your terrific notes. See you at our respective sites in ’11! M & M
Delaney Diamond says
Thanks for providing such delicious, simple recipes all year long. Most times I do have the ingredients right in my pantry, so I can get to cooking right away. Looking forward to lots more in 2011.
Happy New Year!
Hi Delaney. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! So glad to hear you have a well-stocked pantry. Makes cooking so much easier and fun, right? Best, M & M